Indeed, a number of firms (COGLA, Phylaxia Vet. Bio. Co) and researchers in the history of the Ceva Group have made their name by their veterinary research work, notably in the biological field ( Aladar AUJESZKY or Adorjan BARTHA).
The scientific excellence developed since decades has always been an integral part of the Group’s culture developing adapted responses to the main infectious diseases affecting swine rearing today:
- Swine pleuropneumonia (Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae): COGLAPIX® is an innovative vaccine based on bacterial toxoids, providing the best protection against all the serotypes of A.p. and a minimal post-vaccination reactions at the same time.
- Enzootic pneumonia (Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae): HYOGEN®, formulated based on a specific strain & Ceva proprietary adjuvant, provides broad stimulation of the swine immune system. Hyogen® superior performance demonstrated in numerous comparative trials supports the leading sentence “Superior Enzootic Pneumonia Protection”.
- CIRCOVAC® is an inactivated whole virus based vaccine for use against porcine circovirus type 2 (PCV2). It is the first PCV disease vaccine licensed for use in both piglets and sows allowing a whole life piglet protection.
- PARVORUVAX® is the global market leader for vaccines against parvovirus and erysipelas.
- PARVOVAX® is an inactivated vaccine against porcine parvovirus for use in gilts, sows and boars.
- PROGRESSIS® is an inactivated vaccine against the viral disease porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS). It is the market leader in the inactivated PRRS segment.
- Classical swine fever: COGLAPEST® is an attenuated live vaccine with a coloured indicator allowing monitoring of vaccine efficacy.
- Aujeszky’s disease: AUPHYL Plus® (attenuated live) vaccine offers antibody-related and cell-mediated immunity. It is a DIVA vaccine, indeed its "deleted" strain allows serological differentiation between vaccinated and not infected animals and those actually infected by the virus.
- ECOPORC SHIGA®: Recombinant vaccine providing active immunisation of piglets from the age of 4 days to reduce the mortality and clinical signs of oedema disease caused by Stx2e toxin produced by E. coli (STEC).
- RESPIPORC® :
Respiporc FLU3®: Active immunisation of pigs from the age of 56 days onwards including pregnant sows against swine influenza caused by subtypes H1N1, H3N2 and H1N2 to reduce clinical signs and viral lung load after infection.
Respiporc FLUpan®: Active immunisation of pigs from the age of 8 weeks onwards against pandemic H1N1 porcine influenza virus to reduce viral lung load and viral excretion.
- SALMOPORC®: For active immunisation of sows and gilts to reduce excretion of Salmonella Typhimurium wild type strains during lactation. And for active immunisation of suckling and weaned piglets to reduce bacterial colonisation and excretion as well as clinical symptoms due to an infection with Salmonella Typhimurium.
- CLOSTRIPORC A®: passive immunisation of piglets by active immunisation of pregnant sows and gilts to reduce clinical signs during the first days of life caused by Clostridium perfringens type A expressing alpha and beta2 toxins.
From one country to another, product lines are adapted to local demand and regulatory requirements. For further information, please take a look at the Ceva Santé Animale site for your country. Warning: the information provided on the products depends on national registrations. Access to technical information is restricted to authorised persons.